This will be somewhat short and sweet folks! Both the post and the recipe 🙂
It’s been a crazy few weeks with a sick husband and a sick daughter, a very busy time at work and continuing to adjust to Molly being in Kindergarten (both her and me LOL). I’ve been going easy on myself when it comes to meal planning, sticking with simple and easy recipes and cooking whatever I think my family will eat, even if that means multiple dishes at one time (something I’ve been against for the past few years). This salad was made just for me on a night when I made the kids Daiya mac and cheese (I’m not a fan but the kids love it and since Oliver is lactose intolerant, it works for him) and A made himself a sandwich. I was craving the balsamic vinegar and strawberry combo, and it never hurts to add goat cheese (unless you’re vegan, in which case, just leave it off!). For the sake of preparing meals quickly, I either buy my greens pre-washed and packaged up, or I chop them up at the beginning of the week and toss them in a container with a wet paper towel to keep them crisp. I also try and cut up fruit so that it’s all ready to go to toss in with Molly’s lunch or serve for dessert.
And now I’m off to get ourselves ready for the long weekend! It’s Thanksgiving here on Monday and we’re heading to my in-laws for a few days. If you’re celebrating Thanksgiving this weekend, what are you up to?
- 2-3 handfuls salad greens
- ½ cup strawberries, chopped
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped (and toasted if you prefer)
- 2-3 tbsp crumbled goat cheese (omit if vegan)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey (use agave syrup for a vegan dressing)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- In a larger bowl, add salad greens and strawberries.
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey and mustard. Add to salad and mix well.
- Top with pecans and goat cheese. Enjoy!